Thursday, February 22, 2007

Two days away... (Craig)

It's February 22nd, and the Deutsch team leaves for Biloxi in less than two days. I am getting extremely excited to go for several reasons. I'm excited to do my little part to help clean up what Katrina swept away. I'm excited to put action behind the words I've been speaking for months now. I'm excited to take part in something amazing with an amazing group of people. I'm excited to see a different part of the country. I'm excited to put my normal life on hold and try something completely new, something completely good.
We'll only be gone for a week, and we may not even build an entire house, but at least we are going. At least we care enough to take time from our overly comfortable lives to lend a helping hand to those who aren't as fortunate. I'm proud of each person in the group, including myself, for what we are about to do. I'm also proud of all of our family and friends who donated the money that is allowing us to make the trip. Without their support, we wouldn't be heading to Biloxi on Saturday morning.
We'll be updating this blog throughout the week with stories and photos of what we see, do, hear, and feel. We hope you take as much from the trip as we will.
Thanks and talk to you soon.
Craig

No comments: